Lot Number 81

H.M.S Princess Irene - A fragment of the H.M.S Princess Irene, mounted on plinth with silver hallmarked plaque. The ship was moored in Saltpan Reach on the Medway Estuary being loaded with mines in preparation for a minelaying mission. On the 27 th May 1915 the ship exploded and was destroyed with the loss of 352 lives.